This site is all about happy foot-tapping Dixieland and Traditional Jazz, Big Bands, and more in New England. Who they are, where they are, and when they are playing, JOIN US! (79 3/4 and counting!)
ELI AND THE HOT SIX celebrate International Jazz Day, April 30th 7pm at Primavera Ristorante,20 Pleasant St. (off Route 109) in Millis, MA. 02054 (508) 376-2026 http://www.primav.com/ Cover: $10 cash at the door. Primavera SCHEDULE
APRIL is Jazz Appreciation month!
|Suncoast Jazz Classic
The Spire Center for Performing Arts in Plymouth MA is featuring a great
Winter of Jazz!
- Wolverine Jazz Band at Primavera Ristorante, April 16, 2015 (4/22/2015) - Jeff Hughes cornet, John Clark clarinet and bari sax, Dan Gabel trombone, Jim Mazzy banjo/vocals, Herb Gardner keyboard, Rick MacWilliams tuba, Dave Didriksen drums Wolverines are a favorite, not only in New England, but across the country. They had a … Continue reading
- Seacoast Stompers at Bemis Hall April 11, 2015 (4/18/2015) - By Marce, Videos by Harold McAleer Scott Philbrick cornet, Craig Ball clarinet, Steve Piermarini trombone, Jimmy Mazzy banjo/vocals, Frank Stadler leader/piano, Al Bernard sousaphone, Bob Reardon drums The Seacoast Stompers were back at Bemis Hall at their regular daylight time, … Continue reading
- Bill Reynolds’ Back Bay Ramblers at Primavera Ristorante, April 9, 2015 (4/15/2015) - Mike Peipman trumpet, John Clark clarinet/alto, tenor, and baritone sax, Billy Novick clarinet/alto sax, Dan Gabel Trombone, Scott Philbrick guitar, Herb Gardner keyboard, Stu Gunn tuba/string bass, Nancy McGhee vocals, Bill Reynolds leader/drums. Back Bay Ramblers are the result of … Continue reading
- Blue Horizon Jazz Band at Primavera, April 2, 2015 (4/9/2015) - Stan McDonald kicked off this evening with a low-register clarinet intro to Meet Me Tonight in Dreamland, introducing the music that embodies a joyful, timeless spirit, with marvelous improvised solos and intricate polyphonic jazz. Jack Soref took the intro to … Continue reading
- Riverboat Stompers at Primavera Ristorante, March 26, 2015 (4/2/2015) - Steve Straus clarinet/soprano sax, Neil Flewelling cornet, Frank Bachelor trombone, Jimmy Mazzy banjo, Phil Hower piano, Pierre Lemieux tuba, Richard Malcolm drums The Riverboat Stompers are a seven-piece ensemble specializing in Traditional and Dixieland Jazz of the 20’s to 40’s. … Continue reading