JAZZ – This site is all about happy, danceable Swing, Big Band, foot-tapping Dixieland and Traditional Jazz and more in New England. Who they are, where and when they are playing, check out the Calendars
New England Traditional Jazz Plus, 33 Birmingham Court, Milford MA 01757
What’s happening in October?
Eli and The Hot Six October 19th Thursday Jazz at Primavera Ristorante, 20 Pleasant Street (off Route 109) Millis, MA. 02054. (508) 376-2026 (closed on the 6th).
Primavera Schedule Cover: $10 cash at the door.
Essex Winter Series 2017
Suncoast Jazz Classic 2016
|The Spire Center
Cotuit Center for the Arts
Cape Cod Museum of Art
Woods Hole Jazz
Provincetown Jazz Festival
- Dave Whitney Big Band at Bemis Hall, October 1, 2017 (10/8/2017) - videos by Harold McAleer An extension of Dave’s small bands, his fourteen piece orchestra was formed in 1989. The focus of this band was playing and preserving the classic sounds of the big band era. Now an 18-piece band, members here … Continue reading
- Wolverine Jazz Band at Primavera September 28, 2017 (9/29/2017) - Jeff Hughes trumpet/flugelhorn, John Clark leader, clarinet/alto sax, Herb Gardner piano, Jimmy Mazzy banjo/vocals, Rick MacWilliams tuba, Dave Didriksen drums By Bill Falk Listening to this group reminded me of traditional jazz of yesteryear – those days of King Oliver … Continue reading
- Steve Taddeo Big Band, September 9, 2017 at Bemis Hall (9/23/2017) - videos by CineDevine Saxophones: Maureen Amaral, Kaitlyn Haggerty, Jeff Poster, Jim DeVito, Ben Petrucci and Frank David; Trombones: Bob Sinclair, Rick Ong, Kurt Thuler and Chris DeCenzo; Trumpets: Larry Panzer, Skip Gummoe, Garry Freedman Richie Thuler and Bill Cable; Rhythm section, … Continue reading
- Eli & The Hot Four at Primavera September 21, 2017 (9/21/2017) - Phil Person trumpet, Herb Gardner trombone, Bob Winter keyboard, Eli Newberger tuba, Bob Tamagni drums, Elaine Woo and Watson Reid vocals. These fine musicians had a chance to stretch out and strut their stuff, with Ted Casher, Jimmy Mazzy and … Continue reading
- Riverboat Stompers at Primavera September 14, 2017 (9/20/2017) - Steve Straus leader/clarinet, Neil Flewellen cornet, Frank Batchelor trombone, Jimmy Mazzy banjo/vocals, Phil Hower piano, Pierre Lemieux tuba, Rich MacMillan drums. The Riverboat Stompers are a seven-piece ensemble specializing in Traditional and Dixieland Jazz of the 20’s to 40’s. Members … Continue reading
New England Traditional Jazz Plus has MOVED to
33 Birmingham Court, Milford MA 01757